Monday, October 15, 2012

Do pregnancy hormones cause nightmares?

Monday - 10.15.12

 Do pregnancy hormones cause nightmares?

I know this is an odd question but has anyone else experienced this? Now I have very strange vivid dream regularly anyway and of course I always remember every little detail. My husband and mother are always telling me "You and your crazy dreams!" The last vivid dream I had was of my cousin and I doing a three legged race at Disneyland and my grandfather (who's been dead for ten years) waiting in line to get on a ride, I stopped and starred at him for a minute and then finally said "Aren't you dead?" as I skipped off with my cousin. I woke up laughing from that dream so confused and yet oddly excited to go to Disneyland with my cousin.

However, when I was pregnant with my daughter I had a horrible nightmare that my son who was 7 at the time was killed right in front of me.  I woke up crying and had to go check on him. I didn't think it had anything to do with being pregnant at the time, but here I am 13 weeks pregnant again and the nightmares are back at it. On a normal basis I do have vivid dreams, yes, but not nightmares about bad things happening to my kids. I have dumb nightmares about spiders, clowns and things happening to me, but not my kids.

So why is it only when I pregnant do I have nightmares about terrible things happening to my kids? Last night I woke sobbing hysterically and ran to check on my baby girl. I wont go into detail as it was pretty horrific but I had a very vivid dream that I walked in on the aftermath of my 3 year old little girl having been violated (to put it nicely). To make matters worse in my own natural fiery to someone hurting my baby, I found the perv and cut off his manhood. Pretty horrible right? It still has me all shook up.

This is not a very fun or upbeat moment for mommy I know, but I have to hear from other moms. Has this happened to you?  When your pregnant does it bring on nightmares? Please share!

 

Thanks for sharing another adventure with me!

Get your own signature!

Like it? Love it? Please share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment