Sunday, October 28, 2012

Homemade to go smoothies & babyfood

Sunday - 10.28.12 



Being a mom (or dad) we want whats most healthy for our children, most convenient for us and most sparing on our wallets. I found the best of all three worlds when it comes to those "to go pouches" of smoothie goodness or baby food. I was buying those prepackage smoothies for the Dormouse, she loves them but I know they aren't filled with just fruits and veggies no matter how much they say all-natural on the packaging and at $1 (if I can find them on sale) a pouch they aren't exactly super cheap.

Amost of my readers know I'm pregnant again and that my hubby bought me the Vitamix blender. As much as I want to believe he bought it because I had been talking about wanting one for months or that it was my anniversary gift or because the guys at work convinced him of it's awesomeness. Although, those did all weigh in, the real selling point was that I could make real all-natural baby food at home and save him money in the long run! The March Hare begs me all the time to make smoothies, little does he know hes eating things like kale, spinach and broccoli in with those oranges, strawberries and bananas!

A couple days ago I was at Babies-R-Us and found reusable pouches and the system that fills them for twenty bucks, I thought I'll give them a try. Well yesterday I threw a couple bananas and a forth of a bag of frozen pineapple chucks (because that's all that was left) into the Vitamix and in less then a minute had a banana/pineapple smoothie (or baby food). It made eight - 4oz pouches, which are good in the freezer for up to 2 months. I printed labels off my computer and BAM!!! In 10 minutes I blended, packaged and cleaned up and REAL all-natural smoothies ready to go any time we are! I can't wait for the new baby to be old enough to eat baby food, I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this.

Thanks for sharing another adventure with me!

Get your own signature!

Like it? Love it? Please share it!


No comments:

Post a Comment