Monday, September 29, 2014

I gave up coffee!



Crazy I know! It's been exactly ONE month since I have had single cup of coffee! Here I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and I just gave it up. Well actually, dare I say, I found something better! Like ten times better.

Reader - "What?!?!?!" "Okay now we know you're crazy lady."

Alice - "Aaaaaaand it's natural and it's not caulked full of harmful nasty ingredients!"

Reader - "Lock her up, she's gone mad!"

Alice - "No, no really I haven't it's a tea."

Reader - "Go on..."

Ha ha sorry I don't know where the odd little conversation moment came from, I'm weird like that. Anyway yes it's a tea but the results are amazing. We drink coffee for the caffeine, right and energy we get from it...

But by 2-3 in the afternoon you hit that awful, I'm exhausted please just give me a bed, slump. Not to mention if you drink to much with out eating or like me just drink too much your super wired for all of five minutes, then you kind of feel sick and then comes the jittery twitch where you look like a crack addict coming down off a high.

In other words the effect doesn't last and drinking coffee all day just makes you sick.  Or if you suffer from migraines like I do, I can actually trigger a headache! In fact, I had an older friend who was a migraine sufferer as well, tell me to cut out coffee and see how I felt. So that was looming in the back of my mind when I found this amazing tea!

Are you ready for what I switch too and gave up coffee without even thinking twice...
It's Herbalife.


I wasn't really looking for a replacement. However, like I mentioned, I was considering lowering my coffee intake but when I stumbled upon this, quite on accident, all it took was one glass and I knew I had found my solution!

I personally like the Lemon flavor. The tea itself is a blend of green, black and orange pekoe teas. It does have caffeine still, but for some reason it hits me in a totally different way.

❤ I drink it cold, on ice and chug it. Unlike coffee where I usually sip it til it's cold, reheat it and sip some more. This is refreshing and crisp.

❤ The energy I get from this is almost instant, feels natural and last for hours without the jitters! I drink 1 in the morning and 1 at lunch. If we are going out and I want that extra boost I'll drink one around dinner time. But no later or all be up all night!!!

❤ No creamer! The stuff they put in creamer is so icky for you, loaded with sugar and you're looking at 35 - 70 calories per cup depending on how much creamer you like. The tea only has 5 calories per 1/2 tsp which is equivalent to an 8 ounce glass of tea.

This photo is of my 32 oz Bubba cup that I used to drink my coffee out of! Now I drink only 8 oz out of my Austin Springs bottles. It's a 16 oz bottle, but as you can see I fill it with ice first, so it's only 8 ounces of tea. =========>

So there you have it. This is the straight and honest truth. I dropped coffee because of this tea!



Disclaimer: There ARE Herbalife & Amazon links placed throughout this post. Should you click one of these links and purchase product through said link, I will receive a small commission. However, I only recommend products I personally use and love! Full Disclaimer Policy.


❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Thanks for sharing another adventure with me!
Stay safe, stay sane and stay absolutely splendid!

Facebook @ Alice Kingsleigh or Adventure Into Domesticland
Twitter @ AliceKBlogs
Pinterest @ AliceKBlogs
Instagram @ AliceKBlogs
YouTube @  AdventureDomesticLnd

Like it? Love it? Share it with everyone!


1 comment:

  1. It is awesome that you were able to give up coffee. A lot of people have a hard time kicking habits. I am a energy drink dinner. I feel as though I cannot make it through the day without having a Red Bull.

    ReplyDelete