Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday's Fave #27

Friday - 5.17.2013




Whoa it's been chaos! This week my indecisive family finally agreed that my hubby and I are for sure getting my parents house and that we can rent from them until were ready to buy. That being said WE get to pick out everything for the remodel! So this week my hubby and I decided on a floor tile for that will be in most of the house and tiles for the bathroom, the carpet for the bedrooms and finalized the plans for the kitchen cabinetry!

I have been a mad woman painting everyday. I painted the room my girls will be in, which just happens to be the room I spent 15 years of my life in, yea it's two tone pink! I'm going to do a Hello Kitty border where the two colors meet. I told pictures along the way so I'll write a DYI post.

So as if remodeling isn't insane enough, I still have a newborn baby beckoning for my most of my time, a little girl who is in dire need of non stop attention and a blooming man child who is constantly bored. Oh and somewhere in that mix I have to make time for God, my hubby, taking care of my household chores, blogging and my web design customers. I'd say I've reach max capacity!

I participated in way too many giveaways and blogger opps this last month, so I have to slow it down just a bit! Make sure you subscribe to the right newsfeed to receive weekly updates, sign up for 1 or all 3:

Remember you can receive a complimentary vacation just for checking out my business opportunity! And as usual, my blogging buddies should go link up over on Tuesday's Tea Party or even better sign-up to co-host!



I joined up with Dawn's Disaster again for FTSF, check out how I finished the sentence. Then get over there and link up yourself! This week's sentence...




When I was Younger, I Wanted to... be a model. I was probably the only 10 year old I know that would watch fashion shows on tv, not for the fashion but so I could study the way the girls moved. How they walked, what their arms were doing and how they position their heads. At age 12 I was accepted to Barbizon Modeling School but never attended because my mom was working full time and didn't have time to take me.

Later in life I landed a few small jobs here and there freelancing. I realized in my early twenties though that the life I was chasing was not so glamorous, getting in with the right people took a lot of work and could easily entangle me in things I knew I didn't want to be a part of. Having to be a non stop party girl was fun for a minute and sleeping my way to the top, sort of speak, was not the idea I had envisioned as a child.

Sometimes I still walk around in heels putting one foot right in front of the other, I unconsciously throw my head back with a smile to get my hair out of my face and when no one is looking 
I still have fun modeling for myself in front of the mirror. Still feels glamorous in my own little world.





And I linked up with Lisa-Jo Barker for 5 Minute Friday. Again for this one she gives you a topic and you have to write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. So this weeks topic is...

Song...

"Baby your a song, make me want to roll my window down and cruise." I don't know why that just pop in my head, but music fills my soul. A few years ago I realized country music really hit the spot and sings to my heart. My punk rock roots come out every now and then, it's funny because my son is really getting into the punk rock stuff and he is always so surprised when I start singing along to stuff he didn't think I would even know.

What a contrast huh, punk rock and country. Looking at me now you would never know I spent so much of my teen years going to concerts, funny part is I went to a lot of them with the man I now call my husband.

It's amazing how a song can instantly change your mood, for the good or bad. Really got to watch what you take in through your ears. That's the main reason I started listening to country music, I realized listening to punk rock and having my kids in the backseat... well the first time I heard my son at a young age sing along to a song that said the s word, I knew it was time for a change!





I'm only picking one post today because today is almost over. This post hit home right now. I'm on my fifth week of my six week vacation from sex due to having a baby. And honestly I'm scared to death! I'm not really sure why, but it's been a relief to not have to think about sex, how do I get myself back in "the mood"? I feel the same way and the fact that she could write about this it a non offensive way is just great. 



Been Featured? Show it off!
Grab the button below!


Adventure Into Domesticland


Get your own signature!

My wonderful sponsors this week are:


Don't forget to VOTE for me on PicketFenceBlogs!


Like it? Love it? Share it with every!

(ENTER PINTEREST HTML) (ENTER TWITTER HTML)

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get to relax a bit and believe me I can relate to biting off more then you can chew. And love that you wanted to be a model when you were. Thanks for linking up with us and here is to a great weekend ahead of us now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought of you modeling in front of your mirror made me laugh. How cool to study being a model; I remember those barbizon commercials. Yeah, it all looks glamorous from the outside. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete