Saturday, October 5, 2013

DIY Two Tone Walls

Saturday - 10.5.2013

A few months back, you may recall me saying we were remodeling my childhood home and that we're buying it from my parents. Well I took pictures and never posted anything! So here's one for you guys, my daughters' room is two tone pink, with a Hello Kitty boarder.

Here's how you do it:

1.) Tape Off
I tape of the baseboards but not the ceiling. I think it's easier to just be careful doing the ceiling with a steady hand. Then to do the 2 tone, you measure how tall you want in and make marks on the wall on each side (left and right) and in the middle. Then tape off using those marks.




2.) Top Half
Cut in the top part of the wall first and then roll it. Be very careful around the tape, don't go past the tape.




3. Bottom Half
First tape off the baseboard, use a flat head screwdriver to press down the tape. Than cut in and roll the bottom half of the wall.




 4.) Peel the Tape
Be very careful when you do this. Make sure the paint is dry! Then peel backward not outward.



5.) Boarder
You can add a boarder or molding or just leave it.



Final Product
Complete with a new princess bed, Hello Kitty bedding and all!
















Thanks for sharing another adventure with me!
Stay safe, stay sane and stay absolutely splendid!

Facebook @ Alice Kingsleigh or Adventure Into Domesticland
Twitter @ AliceKBlogs
Pinterest @ AliceKBlogs
YouTube @  AdventureDomesticLnd
Work From Home

My wonderful sponsors this week are:

Don't forget to VOTE for me on PicketFenceBlogs!


Like it? Love it? Share it with every!


2 comments:

  1. That looks so cute! I wonder, if I don't add a border, wouldn't there be a white stripe where the tape was? It doesn't look so in your picture though...

    ReplyDelete