Sunday, October 6, 2013

Homemade Baby Food Tutorial

Sunday - 10.6.2013


I can't believe it's true, I'm far to lazy for it, but I'm one of those moms! Yes I make my own baby food! It's really not hard, nor does it take a lot of time. It's just having the right tools for the job. It's much easier than you think! So let me walk you through it, in 3 easy steps.


1.)  Steam
I steam everything, even fruit (well except bananas). This is the most important step to making this easy though. This handy little machine steams 2 trays at a time for 20 minutes. It does chicken too, which is the healthiest way to eat it. So when I start doing meat, I'll use this too! It's great because you set the timer and walk away, it will turn off on it's own.


2.) Blend
Now that everything is soft, throw it in the blender! I use my Vitamix and man can it get anything whipped up smooth! I add a little rice cereal to whatever foods are naturally to runny, like zucchini. I found this tiny silicone spatula at Walmart and it works really well for getting down into the blender so none of the food goes to waste. 




3.) Storage
There are a couple of ways to store your fresh made baby food. I use 2 different ways. 

First, these are plastic jars with snap on lids. Comes with a tray to put them in so you can stack them. I just throw washable labels on them and BAM!
❤ BPA, phthalate and PVC free
❤ Top-rack dishwasher safe
❤ Microwave and freezer safe



Second, squeeze pouches! Great for on the go! Pretty easy to fill them with this handy little station and you can buy spoons that fit right on the end of the pouch.





That's it! Last week I made 43 jars/pouches of baby food. That's about 2 weeks worth of food and it took me about 2 hours. That was not physically working the whole time though, that was just the about of time the steamer had to run in all. Work time was more like 30 minutes. 



Products I used:



Thanks for sharing another adventure with me!
Stay safe, stay sane and stay absolutely splendid!

Facebook @ Alice Kingsleigh or Adventure Into Domesticland
Twitter @ AliceKBlogs
Pinterest @ AliceKBlogs
YouTube @  AdventureDomesticLnd
Work From Home

My wonderful sponsors this week are:

Don't forget to VOTE for me on PicketFenceBlogs!


Like it? Love it? Share it with every!


No comments:

Post a Comment