Monday, August 27, 2012

True measure of an man

 Monday - August 27, 2012


"Keep in mind that the true measure of an
individual is how he treats a person
who can do him absolutely no good."
By Ann Landers

 
I like this saying because there is no greater joy to be experienced, then giving to someone who can not repay you. I remember one time a homeless lady was sitting outside my favorite burrito place. She asked me for money to buy a burrito as I walked in. I always have the biggest fear the homeless people aren't really homeless, or that they fake being homeless just to use being poor as a way to live under the radar of the government. Anyway instead of giving her money, I told her I would buy her a burrito. She looked very surprised and agreed to whatever I was eating. I bought it and had my son hand it to her, while I was standing next to him of course, the smile that appeared on this womans face showed such deep appreciation for that $3.00 burrito. My son also gained from that experience as well, in learning to help people (truly) in need. If you ever had a "Good Samaritan" act, please share! It will make yours and the other readers day that much better to see the world still had good people!Thanks for sharing another adventure with me!


Get your own signature!

Like it? Love it? Please share it!



Online Publishing and Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment