Thursday, September 19, 2013

Friday's Fave #34

Friday - 9.20.2013




Wow this week went by so fast! We got so much done on the house, it feels so good! As you may have noticed I have been back to blogging on a more consistent basis and that feels good too. I have been listening to these motivation calls every day and man are they really helping me to stay focused and positive. I feel great!

Where my mama's at? If you really want to work from home, go here =====> Empower Network, plug in your email and watch the video. That's it,  that's all I'm gonna say!

Got tons of giveaways and blogger opps going on. Including a few new monthly contests and giveaways. Have you been keeping track? Follow The White Rabbit contest is in full swing, the 3 readers who keep track of him the most will win vacations, with the grand prize being a 8 day cruise to the Bahamas! Make sure you subscribe to the right news feed to receive weekly updates, sign up for 1 or all 3:

Remember you can receive a complimentary vacation just for checking out my business opportunity! And as usual, my blogging buddies should go link up over on Tuesday's Tea Party or even better sign-up to co-host!



I linked up with Lisa-Jo Barker for 5 Minute Friday. For this one she gives you a topic and you have to write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. So this weeks topic is...

She...

Wow I don't know why but when I saw Lisa's post about the word She and the picture she had posted with it, it instantly reminded me of my grandma's garden. She passed away almost two years ago. She was such a strong, faithful and little bit wacky woman. I really do miss her, mostly her wisdom and humor. She taught me so much about life. Always looking at things with laughter and jokes. She didn't take life too seriously.

Before things got really bad, she still looked real good here. That's my son, her, me and my hubby.
In the final months of her life we got to go up a visit her. As hard as it was seeing her deteriorate so quickly from the cancer, it also makes me smile thinking how silly she was. She made everyone sit in the living room (her 3 kids (one being my dad) and the 4 of the 6 grandchildren (myself included) and my two kids, which were her great grand kids) and put Oreo's on our foreheads and try to get the in our mouths with out using our hands. It was so funny.

She was so strong though facing death, she knew it was coming and just looked it square in the face and yelled "Bring it on!" Ok maybe not exactly like that, but she had such courage and faith it was so up building. One day when I see her again I will be able to tell her that her example lead the way for me.







OMG Becky I love this lady anyway, but I think I might love her a little more right now. This post is seriously funny! I have tried doing the annoying things my kids do back to them but this takes it to a whole new level. Usually my 4 year old just repeats herself til you just want to scream. So I'll do it back to her 100 times worse, till she's yelling at me to quit repeating myself. But pooping... really? Good job mom!



Been Featured? Show it off!
Grab the button below!


Adventure Into Domesticland


Thanks for sharing another adventure with me!
Stay safe, stay sane and stay absolutely splendid!

Facebook @ Alice Kingsleigh or Adventure Into Domesticland
Twitter @ AliceKBlogs
Pinterest @ AliceKBlogs
YouTube @  AdventureDomesticLnd
Work From Home

My wonderful sponsors this week are:

Don't forget to VOTE for me on PicketFenceBlogs!


Like it? Love it? Share it with every!


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful woman she must have been! Thanks for sharing your memories of her.

    ReplyDelete