Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday's Fave #28

Friday - 8.9.2013




Hooray I'm back! We are settling into the new house, even if there are still a million things that need to be put away! I have so many new things coming for you guys, I can't wait to share! I'm not going to spill the beans just yet on what they are, but one is going to be a monthly contest that anticipate to be fun and spread like wild fire!

I just finished designing a blog for a friend, she wanted a place to write, but also to sell her home made candles. I built a shopping cart feature right on her blog! Go check her out www.MellyCreations.com!

Ok now that I'm back in the swing I'll be signing up to promote all kinds of giveaways and blogger opps, so be sure to check out what I've got going on! Make sure you subscribe to the right newsfeed to receive weekly updates, sign up for 1 or all 3:

Remember you can receive a complimentary vacation just for checking out my business opportunity! And as usual, my blogging buddies should go link up over on Tuesday's Tea Party or even better sign-up to co-host!



I joined up with Dawn's Disaster again for FTSF, check out how I finished the sentence. Then get over there and link up yourself! This week's sentence...




I have a bad habit of... biting my nails! No thought even had to go into this one! I have been biting my nails since I was a young girl. Sad to say, I think my older daughter will have the same problem, she's always got here hands in her mouth. It's a nervous habit I just can't stop.

I HAVE to keep acrylics on to at least have nice looking hands, other wise I have bloody stumps. I've tried everything! Nothing works, I even bite the acrylic! Good thing I learned how to do the acrylics myself! I'm not to shabby at painting them either!





And I linked up with Lisa-Jo Barker for 5 Minute Friday. Again for this one she gives you a topic and you have to write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. So this weeks topic is...

Lonely...

"I remember a time when I use to feel lonely. It was a time in my life when I was doing things my way and thought it would bring my happiness. Funny how that happens. I had people around me all the time but never felt I had a true and trustful connection with any of them. Those were dark times.

Now though, I have a loving husband, I know I can trust. I have reconnected with my mom in a way I never thought possible. I even feel closer to my children. I open my eyes to people that never gave up on me and realized what the word friendship really means. I started living my live according to the standards held out in the Bible and drew closer to God than never before. Now I never feel lonely.





I haven't had a lot of time to catch up on my reading, but I did stumble upon this great post on Pinterest, so I thought I would share. I love this list she compiled! I'm working on 1, 10, 11 and 23 because I would rather enjoy my children, than maintain them. In fact some of my new blog features to come will be based on this goal of mine.  I'm going to start using 12 and 25 as a way to, well, calm down. And I desperately need to remember 16 and 19 more often!



Been Featured? Show it off!
Grab the button below!


Adventure Into Domesticland


Get your own signature!

My wonderful sponsors this week are:


Don't forget to VOTE for me on PicketFenceBlogs!


Like it? Love it? Share it with every!

(ENTER PINTEREST HTML) (ENTER TWITTER HTML)

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Just following your 'five minute friday' link- seems like there's loads going on here at the moment! I enjoyed reading your post, was a really positive outlook on the idea of loneliness. I'm glad things are going well for you at the moment :-)

    Becca x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you've reconnected with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 4 year old just started biting her nails and I am so hoping this is a phase and not something that will last for years. But I guess she can always learn how to do her own nails with acrylics!! Seriously thanks for sharing and so happy you linked up with us again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you will never be lonely if you are with your family.
    new GFC follower here
    hope you can visit my site Five Minute Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thanks for your kind words about my post 25 Ways to be Stay Calm as a Parent. You have good taste in that one. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete