Thursday, August 1, 2013

I'm back!

Thursday - 8.1.2013


Holy moly batman, it's been a crazy couple of months! Let me give you guys a quick update as to why I fell off the face of the earth. So after having my beautiful baby girl, mama had to go straight to work, but not to a job that made money. No to working on a house, as most of you know from my previous post my parents house flooded, needed to be gutted from head to toe, front to back and we have done 95% of the work ourselves. Than we (my hubby and I) are buying the house from my parents.

Are we there yet?
Ok so that's the gist of it but here's how my July went and why I thought we weren't going to make it through the month. So the first weekend in July we spent 4 day's in Long Beach, CA at a religious convention, as up building as it was, it requires packing up the kids, sitting for 3 days trying to keep them quit while we listen to the program and than packing them up for the drive home.

The next weekend we drove up to my sister-in-laws house for her baby shower. She's having a boy and is due in September. We left Friday spent three days there and drove home Monday. Than the next weekend was the big move. We rented a moving truck and it took 3 loads! Not including all the stuff we had been slowly moving over and the small stuff left behind that we moved slowly throughout the week.
Man at work!

This last weekend we went camping! The trip had been planned weeks before all this house nonsense happened and we decided not to bail. We left Thursday to meet up with our group of about 40, had an absolute blast and came home Sunday. Before leaving however, I learned that a childhood friend had been in a skateboarding accident and was in the hospital in a coma.

My pile of crap AKA the living room!
So we rushed home, showered, then my mom and I went to see the family. The next day we went to the hospital. To say the least it's been an emotional week and the house is still in shambles. In between all these weekend getaways we were working on the new house and the old one. The new house is still not finished! The kitchen has no sink or tile so the appliances can't be put in. The tile in the hallway and front bathroom is still not done, so we are 8 people in one house with 1 bathroom! My dad is supposed to be moving out but his plans fell through so yea... This is my hell right now!

Kat, My 2012 Ford Expedition EL
On top of everything we needed a new vehicle! So we drove down to Orange at some point in that choas and picked up my new ride. Her name is Kat. So now that things have calmed down just a bit I plan on getting back to blogging, networking and giveaways! I am helping Tweedle Mom through a baby shower for my sister-in-law down here this weekend but at least i don't have to leave town! Feels good to be back, look forward to getting back into the groove!




Get your own signature!

My wonderful sponsors this week are:


Don't forget to VOTE for me on PicketFenceBlogs!


Like it? Love it? Share it with every!

(ENTER PINTEREST HTML) (ENTER TWITTER HTML)

No comments:

Post a Comment