Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pinterest Dinner Challenge, Part 1

Sunday - 1.13.13



As many of you know I have been having a ruff pregnancy and because of that I haven't been cooking as much as I would like. We have been eating out more then I care to admit. So I told my husband last week I was going to challenge myself to make dinner every night, he said as long as I don't hurt myself... insert smartalec smiling here. So I challenged myself to find 14 dinners on Pinterest and make one each night. So that's what I have been doing and of course I kept a journal of all the meals I cooked, took pictures and even added them to my collection of printable recipes with whatever tweeks I made to them! This is only the first week so next Sunday I will have part two of the challenge posted.
I have a board on the back of my kitchen door that I write out all my meals on and a Google calendar on my tablet (linked to my phone as well) so I can plan out my meals. Takes a little effort to coordinate but well worth it! With this challenge I even put the link to each of the recipe on my Google calendar event so all I had to do is tap the day and the meal and I had the recipe!

Kitchen door meal planner


Tablet calendar



Here we go!


~~~~~~~~~~Monday~~~~~~~~~~

Man Chili


Ok so I cheated on Monday, I had to go grocery shopping to start this challenge and knew I'd be too exhausted to cook. I had froze some of the Man Chili, which I have pinned on Pinterest (doesn't that count!) and threw it in the crock pot. I know I'm such a cheater!


~~~~~~~~~~Tuesday~~~~~~~~~~

Crockpot BBQ Ribs & Oven Roasted Asparagus


This recipe was pinned by Mmm... Is for Mommy. I made a few changes as I usually do, if you want the recipe it's called Crockpot BBQ Ribs. These were finger licking good! I think next time I will use more rub, but they came out awesome! I paired them with an asparagus recipe I found, originally pinned by Lauren McFarlane. There was no recipe other then what was pinned with the picture, so here's the recipe for Oven Roasted Asparagus. These were equally as amazing. I love asparagus and I usually pan fry it, so baking it seemed even easier with the same tasty results. I also served store bought baked beans and cheesy bread.



~~~~~~~~~~Wednesday~~~~~~~~~~

Pork Tenderloin with Pan Sauce &  Baked Zucchini

 
 This recipe was out of this world amazing, my husband said it tops his list! Brought to you by Chef Mommy, this is a Pork Tenderloin with Pan Sauce. I used pork chops instead of a tenderloin, but still came out amazing. Like I said my hubby and I loved this melt in your mouth pork, the kids not so much. I paired it with Baked Zucchini adopted from Voracious Vander. Again amazing! So far I think my challenge has been a huge success, but it's only day 3!








~~~~~~~~~~Thursday~~~~~~~~~~

Creamy Country Chicken with Vegetables


This was a very basic recipe, although they are good to have around, I felt this one could use a little something. Funny the kids loved this, while the hubby and I were like "It's ok". "It" is called Creamy Country Chicken with Vegetables pinned by Kallie Sekulich but it's originally a McCormick recipe. I just made toast with it. 

~~~~~~~~~~Friday~~~~~~~~~~

Asian Sesame Salmon & Honey Glazed Carrots 


Made this for some friends that don't eat meat, but will eat fish and boy was it a hit! You really can't go wrong with salmon and soy sauce, they were made for each other! I used lemons (because I have a tree in my backyard) instead of lime. OMG becky this was the best salmon I ever had! My girl friend brought over a Pinterest inspired Asian rice to go with. And I made one of my specialties Honey Glazed Carrots. The Asian Sesame Salmon was adopted from Liv Life.













~~~~~~~~~~Saturday~~~~~~~~~~


Grrrr I totally had to cheat again. I had planned on making this but the hubs worked all night and the boy went to a friends house. I wasn't about to make a whole meal for my small appetite and a 3 year old. But my hubby is a huge Mexican food lover, so I promise to make this next Monday after the challenge ends and update with a photo! I did however, get the recipe prepared for you good folks, so if anyone trys it before I do, post pictures and tell me how it is! Here's the recipe: Taco Pie and it came from Food Management.

~~~~~~~~~~Sunday~~~~~~~~~~

Lasagna Roll Ups



I made this for my in-laws and I'm pretty excited about it. We're all Italian in this family so lasagna is up our alley! These Lasagna Roll Ups were not as easy as they look, but boy were they yummy. Actually had I just been more diligent about watching the noodles I would have been fine. But once I got the noodles unstuck from each other it turned out ok. This recipe was adopted from Cooking Classy.


If this challenge inspires you, keep record, take pictures, post about it, let me know and I'll give you a shout out!



Get your own signature!


My wonderful sponsors this week are:


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment