Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pinterest Dinner Challenge, Part 2

Sunday - 1.20.13

Here is week 2 of the Pinterest challenge. My husband loved that I did this challenge and is now encouraging me to do it more often. He's already asking for a few of the meals again! I had so much fun doing it and it inspired me to cook every night instead of allowing myself to be lazy. The line up this week was equally as yummy, so I hope you guys enjoy!


~~~~~~~~~~Monday~~~~~~~~~~

Bourbon Street Chicken



This chicken was amazing, even my kids loved it! I served it over white rice and it flew off the plates! Sooooo easy to make and barely took a half hour! The Bourbon Street Chicken was adopted from Big Oven.


~~~~~~~~~~Tuesday~~~~~~~~~~



This recipe is a good one to have for any pasta lovers arsenal. Easy to tweak anyway you like it. It's a combination of tomato sauce and Alfredo sauce. I think next time I will use more salt and a lot more Parmesan cheese! My husband wants me to add clams to it for flavor. I will say it made for great left overs! The Creamy Tomato Pasta was adopted from Kitchen Trial & Error.


~~~~~~~~~~Wednesday~~~~~~~~~~




Can you say absolutely amazing?!?! Enter Yo Gabba Gabba sound bite here: "So yummy, so yummy there's a party in my tummy!" Seriously  I could only use that song once in this challenge and these sandwiches win it by a landslide! So easy to make, take less then 15 minutes to physically prepare, cooking time is like 5 hours, but the Crockpot does all the work! I toasted my French rolls with butter and mozzarella cheese, all I can say is mmmmmmm. They were so yummy I deemed them worthy for some friends of ours that just had a baby and they drooled over them too! The Crockpot Italian Beef Sandwiches were adopted from  Punch Fork


~~~~~~~~~~Thursday~~~~~~~~~~




These pork chops weren't as good as the ones from last week, not near as flavorful. They weren't bad, if I didn't have the other recipe to compare them too. I let them marinated in the sauce for 4 hours before baking them. The Honey Garlic Pork Chops were adopted from Spark Recipes.


~~~~~~~~~~Friday~~~~~~~~~~

Mama's Night Out!





Ain't no cooking tonight! Can't believe we actually made this happen but a group of  my girlfriends got together for sushi at an amazing little place called Raku Sushi in Augora Hills, CA. Their lobster rolls are to die for. That's me in the pink hat falling over on one of my childhood friends. Believe it or not, 7 out of 10 of us are mom's so you can imagine the conversations about our children that were going on! We covered it all and that's just what mama's need sometimes! Thanks for a fabulous night ladies, love you all.


~~~~~~~~~~Saturday~~~~~~~~~~

How can you go wrong with shrimp and pasta? This recipe is definitely a keeper! The Tomato & Shrimp Penne was adopted from The Pioneer Woman.



~~~~~~~~~~Sunday~~~~~~~~~~



What can I say I like Bourbon and since I can't drink it right now, I might as well add it to our food any way I can! This is tonight's dinner so I don't have a picture yet, but I will update with one! I started marinating the steaks yesterday evening, so I can only imagine how yummy this is going to be! The Bourbon and Brown Sugar Flank Steak was adopted from Big Oven.


If this challenge inspires you, keep record, take pictures, post about it, let me know and I'll give you a shout out!



Get your own signature!


My wonderful sponsors this week are:


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment