Sunday, December 8, 2013

Creamed Spinach Tutorial

Sunday - 12.5.2013


Like it? Love it? Share it with everyone!



My hubby and I both really love creamed spinach. After trying a few of those pre-made ones, we decided to take a shot at making it ourselves and turns out, it's delish! Now I can't wait to make it again and again.

Just so you know, to make enough for 4 people you need like 2 lbs of fresh spinach! But it's so worth it. Here's a step by step with pictures, but you can find the actual recipe HERE.

So first you start off by steaming the spinach. My recipe gives you the option of boiling water and cooking it, but I use my Food Steamer, set it for 10 minutes and it comes out perfect!


Once the spinach is ready, put it in a strainer and press it with a soft spatula. Then chop it up, doesn't have to be small, a rough cut will do. 


Next melt the butter in a pan and throw in the onion and garlic. Saute those up real good, then throw in everything else but the cheese.

To get the onion and garlic chopped up nice and little I use my OXO Chopper. Makes chopping veggies so easy and less messy.


Once the cream is reduce by half, throw in the cheese, (oh and I just take a huge handful despite what the recipe say's) get in nice and melty and volia!




Thanks for sharing another adventure with me!
Stay safe, stay sane and stay absolutely splendid!

Facebook @ Alice Kingsleigh or Adventure Into Domesticland
Twitter @ AliceKBlogs
Pinterest @ AliceKBlogs
YouTube @  AdventureDomesticLnd
Work From Home

My wonderful sponsors this week are:

No comments:

Post a Comment