Monday, November 12, 2012

Dramatic toddler, as if being pregnant isn't emotional enough!

Monday - 11.12.12 

After 4 months of pregnancy, I have officially come to this conclusion... hormones are contagious! I swear my three old daughter is on hormonal steroids and is determined to out do me in uncontrolled emotions.

I noticed about a month into being pregnant that she was noticeably more whinny, clingy and crying about everything. Since then it's only gotten worse. Now this is my first time with a girl toddler so I didn't know if it was just an age thing. So I asked around and sure enough, a friend of mine who is 7 1/2 months pregnant and has a 4 year old daughter said she noticed the same.



So far in researching my friends and well anyone else willing to relate their experiences, I have found that it's mostly in the female breed of toddlers that are more dramatic when mommy is pregnant. This is one of those things nobody warns you about, so consider yourself warned!

As if little girls aren't already dramatic enough and mommy isn't already emotional enough when pregnant, mixing the two together creates hormonal madness! Dear God, please let this bun in the oven be a boy! I don't think I can handle another girl or any more crying!

As it is I have to figure out how I'm going to help her get over being jealous of the baby. She already freaks out if my 10 year old son tries to sit next to me or if I hold my 18 month old niece she tries to push her off my lap! She knows I'm pregnant, but I know she has no clue what that really means or what's coming. I'm afraid the whining and crying is only going to get worse after the baby is born.

Please add to my research by commenting on your own experiences with your daughters (or sons) if your being pregnant sent them on hormonal over load! And did it get better? What did you do to keep the sanity? PLEASE HELP!

Thanks for sharing another adventure with me!

Get your own signature!

Like it? Love it? Please share it!



Wine Tasting Program

1 comment:

  1. When I was pregnant with my second son my older son was 18months old at the time and I felt like he really started to know how to push my buttons. Was it that he was feeding off my emotions...or just his age...not sure. My boys have always been fiesty...so my news isn't good for you. Maybe girls are different? :)

    Jennifer Marie

    lilnursejen at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete