Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Wal-mart Proposal

Thursday - 11.15.12



Just the other day I was talking to a friend about guys proposing, so I started thinking that I have never told you all about how my husband attempted to humiliate me, I mean to propose to me.

My hubby and I have been friends since I was 13, he was like a big brother, always there when
I needed him. Not realizing that him always picking on me and playing jokes on me was his way of saying "I have a thing for you!" So when we planned on getting married over 2 1/2 years ago (go check out the rest of the story, to find out what took so long for us to end up together) he had nothing short of a joke planned.

When we actually started dated back in the beginning of 2010 I lived in the Antelope Valley (ghetto meets the Mojave desert), where Wal-mart is the highlight of the meth addicts day, no kidding! Have you have ever seen the "people of Wal-mart" pictures, well most of them are taken in the Wal-marts of the AV! So every time he would drive the hour and half to come see me it never failed I always needed to go to Wal-mart for something. (No I wasn't a meth addict, AV is the meth capitol of the US, so it's just an inside joke)


Later I moved away from the AV (thank goodness!) and in with my parents. Well he would joke with my mom that the most romantic dates we went on were either to the ER (because I'm always sick or hurt) or to Wal-mart. So one time when we were in the AV visiting you can guess where we ended up! Yes Wal-mart! Well I was a little worried because I had unintentionally found out he had "the ring."

Vegas TicketsSo here we are walking down the alcohol isle, I eagerly start looking for what I want. He and my son stay at the beginning of the isle. He says to me "Hunny come here." As I turn around and walk towards him, he starts to drop to one knee and say "I have something to ask you." I start screaming "No not here, not here!" And proceed to run the opposite direction down the isle. He's standing there yelling "Hunny what's wrong? I just wanted to ask you what you wanted to drink!"



People are starring at us, I don't know whether to laugh or cry and he & my son are laughing hysterically at me. Now at this point, I don't know if he was seriously going to ask me or not and all he's saying is "You said no." I called my mom and she knew the whole time he was going to do it. So was he really going to propose at Wal-mart? I still have no idea.

However, a few days later he rode me on the back of his bike down to the beach and proposed there. Of course he had to throw in "You're not going to say no this time are you? I mean a man can only handle rejection so many times."

He's such a romantic. But this is how we have always been and I love that we can joke with each other this way. I got him back when I planned a surprise party for him! Tell you about that next time!

Thanks for sharing another adventure with me!

Get your own signature!

Like it? Love it? Please share it!



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious!!!! I totally think he was going to do it, but it sounds like he was able to back-pedal he way out of it.

    Thank goodness he did it at the beach in the end. That's a MUCH more romantic proposal!!!

    Thanks for linking up today.

    And happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the funniest story! And I love, love, love that "People of Walmart" website--hands down, the best way to waste time on the internet ;) Finding you via the Cloudy With a Chance of Wine NYE link-up!
    Meredith
    www.themomoftheyear.net

    ReplyDelete