Thursday, November 29, 2012

Mom what's a condom?

Thursday - 11.29.12 


This was not originally planned for today, but the conversation that happened yesterday was just too funny, I had to share.

So since I was too tired to make dinner last night, we went to grab something quick and easy. On the way there, we were listening to the music and talking. This song comes on called Trojans by Atlas Genius (not that I even know who this band is since I usually listen to country but since my hubby hates country we listen to alt rock when he's present) so I've heard this song a couple times and I'm still trying to figure out what kind of Trojan he has in his head.

My son AKA the March Hare is singing along to the song. Now I know if I'm still trying to figure out what in the world this guy is singing about, my 10 year son has no clue, he just thinks it's catchy. Doing what I do best which is blurt out the first thing that comes to mind, I say "I'm not sure how he got a condom inside his head." My husband looks at me laughs at first, then gives me the stern "there's children present" look and shakes his head... still smiling. Now I thought I said it low enough but the March Hare hears me and says "Mom he has a Trojan in his head not a condom."


I look at my husband who's now looking at me with that "See what can of worms you opened." look (he can really say a lot with his looks or maybe I'm just good at reading them). So I say to my son "Do you know what a condom is?"

He replies "Is it a type of condo?" My hubby and I both bust out laughing.

Trying to be serious now, I reply "No son it's something people use during sex when they are trying not to get pregnant, usually unmarried people. (no offense to anyone married that uses condom, were Christian here, so we figured it would be good to throw in as a don't even think about it) I've had the birds and the bees talk with him already, seeing as he walked in on my ex husband a couple years back. So this is just another piece to the puzzle of life.

So that this all makes sense to him, we tell him Trojan is the leading brand of condoms and thankfully he's was unfazed by the talk.

Changing the subject from condoms back to Trojans I ask him "Do you know what a Trojan horse is?" Questioning his answer, he replies "Is it the horse George Washington rode to battle on?" As I'm trying to stop my laugher, I decided this conversation could go on for hours and say "Make sure you pay really close attention in Jr. high during history class son." Thank God he's still innocent and naive, even with a loud mouth mother like me.

 

Back to the original thought, I still haven't figured out what kind of Trojan this guy has in his head. I read the lyrics and the only logical thing I could think of is a Trojan virus.. but even that is misplaced. Is there some other Trojan I don't know about?

Thanks for sharing another adventure with me!

Get your own signature!

Like it? Love it? Please share it!



My wonderful sponsors this week are:


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment